An Epic List of 39 Content Marketing Tools For Marketers in 2017
This article was updated on August 6th, 2020 at 05:57 am
The new age marketer is one of a kind. In many roles he plays, he’s an SEO, a blogger, a designer, a data scientist among many other things that makes him successful. With content marketing taking the center stage of today’s marketing efforts, here are some power tools, every inbound marketer must have in his/her arsenal.
1. Percolate : An integrated suite for content marketing.
Everything from managing inspirations to planning, planning, curation and publishing, Percolate is a integrated suite solution for Content Marketing folks.
More details here.
2. Little Bird – Find influential folks on social media.
This is an app which will help you find influencers on social media on any topic you’d like. Now that more and more brands are engaged with their socialmedia audience and keen on finding influential people, Little Bird helps in streamlining the whole process of finding influencers, validation and sales integration on a single platform.
Little Bird official websiste.
3. Everyone Social – Make your employees talk social for you.
Through a simple digital dashboard, you can easily shape your employees’ social communications into a sustained and relevant conversation about your brand.
4. Shareist – One stop solution for content marketing.
Shareist is a content marketing platform for businesses. It helps you capture content from around the web, easily incorporating text, links, videos, images and more in to a content pool and then pushing it into the editorial calendar + publishing/distribution mode. Pretty nice tool if you have a small team working on your content marketing efforts.
5. Skyword – Engage with social media audience easily with data insights.
Skyword’s content marketing software and services provide all you need to reach and engage your audience with original web content.
6. Uberflip – Create content + promote it on social networks from one place.
Centralize your content (blog, social, eBooks, whitepapers, video and more) into a beautiful, responsive content Hub. Convert visitors to customers with dynamic CTAs that integrate with MailChimp, HubSpot, Marketo and Eloqua. Score your content to discover what’s working and how people consume your content. Send key insights directly to your marketing automation tool.
7. PowToon – Create professional looking video animations free.
Create free animation videos quick and easy with this tool. Free!
8. Issuu – Create your own publishing platform.
With over 15 million publications, Issuu is the fastest growing digital publishing platform in the world. Millions of avid readers come here every day to read the free publications created by enthusiastic publishers from all over the globe with topics in fashion, lifestyle, art, sports and global affairs to mention a few. And that’s not all. We’ve also got a prominent range of independent publishers utilizing the Issuu network to reach new fans every day.
9. Buffer – Schedule content on various social networks.
Schedule your content delivery on various social networks with this tool. Buffer helps you schedule various times and frequencies of your tweets and content.
10. Tweroid – Schedule tweets based on your audience interaction.
Start Tweeting When Others Listen. Tweriod gives you the best times to tweet. We analyse both your tweets and your followers’ tweets. So you can start tweeting when it makes most sense to reach others.
11. Inbound Writer – Optimize and grade your content for social media.
Enterprise grade software giving you real-time intelligence on what to write about and how to make your content perform.
12. IFTTT – Create custom rules based on actions on social networks.
An amazing tool that lets you take actions based on a set of rules. Ex: If someone new follows you on Twitter, then tweet a particular tweet. Good thing is it works across networks. If something happens on Twitter, then take this action on Facebook. Handy!
13. Optimizely – Optimize landing pages with A/B tests and more.
Test anything from button colors to order of assets, offer copy and many other variables. Track engagement, clicks, conversions, sign ups, or anything else. No coding abilities needed but if you have them, it can be customized even further.
14. TrackMaven – Track anyone/anything on social media.
This is a fairly simple to use yet powerful tool that will help to track any brand on social media across all networks.
15. OneSpot – Make your content reach out as ads.
OneSpot transforms your content into ads on thousands of sites to build a bigger, better audience for your content, turn press coverage into prospects, get response rates 2x to 50x better than traditional ads.
16. Taboola – Promote your content on other sites via recommendations.
Taboola promotes your content to the right users, on the most innovative publishers in the world via ads. Remember those “Around the web” articles on popular sites? They are from Taboola.
17. Scripted – Buy great content from established authors.
Scripted helps you find authors and hire them to write and develop your content ideas, easily and efficiently.
18. Zerys – A full fledged content marketing platform.
Both usable for small and business marketers and agencies, this is a platform that lets you integrate your content marketing efforts all in to one place.
19. Copify – Quality content from approved writers.
This is a marketplace for sourcing content from approved writers.
20. Curate – Create curated list of content on any topic.
Easily find, organize & share relevant content for your business to position your brand as an industry thought leader, increase brand visibility and generate leads.
21. Outbrain – Get content on any topic from a huge repository.
Outbrain Select (formerly Scribit) empowers you to select from millions of articles and videos produced by the world’s leading publications and instantly publish them on your site and in your social channels to drive engagement with your brand.
22. Dash Parsely – Real time performance analytics for authors.
A real-time view of individual posts, authors, sections and referrers. Learn how each article is contributing to your site’s traffic in the last 24 hours. React quickly to up-and-coming content. Great tool for news based content creation websites.
23. Wordy – Real time proofreading and editing for your content.
Wordy is a professional copy-editing and proofreading service that optimises the accuracy and readability of content — from Fortune 500 business reports to academic texts and website copy.
24. Convert – A/B Testing on steroids.
Probably the most powerful A/B testing software available out there. Pretty economic too!
25. Zemanta – Promote your content contextually on popular websites.
It is more a plugin, that lets you integrate your content on other blogs contextually. I like the fact that you can select topics and choose blogs based on reputation.
29. Storify – Curate & publish your own content pages.
From Livefyre, the popular comments plugin, this website lets you create your own “stories” by finding and curating content based on ideas and topics and publish them.
26. Graphicly – Automated e-book publishing made easy.
It’s a great tool that lets you publish e-books easily in simple steps.
27. Divvy – Content planning for big teams.
Divvy does one thing right. And that is, content planning. Suitable for big and agile teams, this is the best tool if you are having trouble sourcing and curating content.
28. Gather Content – Helping agencies gather content from clients.
The content-first solution that helps agencies and their clients plan, organise and collaborate on website content. Pre-CMS.
29. Kapost – One place software integrating all aspects of content marketing.
From curation to idea generation, distribution and analytics, this software does it all.
30. Easel.ly – Store and save infographics.
A nice tool that lets you save and organize infographics on all topics.
31. Knowledge Vision – Turn boring content interactive.
This software turns presentations and web content into an integrated, interactive online video experience that doesn’t require special software or app downloads.
32. Prezi – Create animated presentations easily.
One of my favorite tools that lets you create nice looking animated (pretty good ones!) presentations.
33. Zmags – Create beautiful shoppable magazines.
Create and publish stunning interactive and shoppable publications with the Zmags Software.
38. Infogram – Create interactive infographics.
This is a personal favorite of mine. The tool lets you create, design, edit and embed interactive ingoraphics.
34. Piktochart – Create your own infographics easily.
A really simple to use tool that lets you create your own infographics with simple drag and drop.
35. Listly – Content curation on steroids.
Its like the Bitly of lists plus a bit of Pinterest. It lets you create lists based on topics and interests.
36. Buzz Stream – Outreach tool that does just that. Really well.
BuzzStream is a nice tool for influencer outreach. You can search for topics and find influencers under those topics, also it lets you reach out to them in a semi-automated way making mass outreach a lot easier.
37. Rebel Mouse – Content curation, publishing & monitoring in real time.
RebelMouse helps brands, publishers and individual content creators reach and engage more people, in more places, with more impact – in real-time.
38. Woisio – Search content ideas on audio video.
Woisio allows you to scan live broadcasts, audio, video, and blogs for active content. A nice tool if you are looking for ideas.
39. Kuratur – Get free content.
Kuratur promises “free” content for your website. Not sure how good the quality will be but it promises great free content on any topic or idea. Worth a try.
1. Check out Project management solutions for Content Marketing.